Monday, January 12, 2015

Mixed media rainbow ladies.... and a goth girl!


I've been carrying on with the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge and it's been good fun so far, with lots of experimenting going on. All of these pieces are mixed media with a lot of papers and book pages pasted on the canvas, then painted over with bright colors. Then I used a glazing method for the portrait part with burnt umber underneath and glazed colors over top. I like the colors and the papers to show through the painting. It's been good practice.






7 comments:

  1. Your Rainbow Girls are awesome and love the goth style as well. Awesome work as always. Yes the Naan bread came out pretty good for a first time. I took pictures. I'll post them tomorrow on my Tuesday food day. Have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a blast with the challenge. Your new girls are nice as always. My favorite is the first profile...reminds me of Italian renaissance paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, so totally gorgeous and so many so quickly! Amazing facial features and accessories and color! I love the blue in the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the colors that you have chosen
    they really pop with wonderful drama and would look wonderful hung together.
    thank you for sharing a bit of how you brought them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are so fantastic! You are so incredible and I'm just wowed with the speed at which you are creating these. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All four of these are absolutely stunning! The girl in the upper right is one of my favorite things you've ever done, and that nude makes me want to sing. The blue in her skin is extra amazing because it repeats the blue in the background. I also love the way the design in the upper left corner points to her and even (gently) illuminates her, almost like sacred light. Glorious work, Sal!

    ReplyDelete