Friday, January 23, 2015

Goth girls and butterflies!

Here's a new painting I did this week for the 30 Day painting challenge (I'm still going!). A cute little goth girl with her pretty blue butterflies. I stuck this one in my (now open again) Etsy store. I figure I might as well try to sell a few of the paintings I've been doing for the challenge.

I have a bunch of others on the go but none dry or ready to post here yet. I think I might have to finish up the challenge with ATC paintings, lol. Working on larger sizes is really hard when you try to paint daily. There's not quite enough time to pull off a 9 x 12 or 8 x 10 on a daily basis - at least at the rate I'm working here. Maybe I'm just slow :)

Happy PPF! Happy weekend! YAY! It's my favorite time of the week.



17 comments:

  1. I love this painting. She is just darling. Her eyes mesmerizing. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's fabulous-I love that even though she's a goth girl there's that touch of softness with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her expression and the crisp use of color! Full of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what fun illustrations my high school art students would just love your work!
    Thanks for stopping bye my blog today and leaving the encouraging comment.
    ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent painting! Happy PPF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo! I am so excited the store is open! She is fantastic, and I hope she finds a great home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the new font in the banner! (It might not be new but I just noticed.) :D

    So fun and whimsical and pretty! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This goth girl is extemely cool. I love your Etsy shop too. Am now following you. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, you're not slow :-) I would never be able to paint a painting every day (even though I would want to!) Your goth girl is wonderful! Love her hair and those butterflies....

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is stunning and sweet and vulnerable...who doesn't love a goth girl.... I do!! The eyes are fabulous!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a darling, my friend. Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's a darling, my friend. Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this... those little touches like the blue butterflies & the skull in her necklace just bring it to life for me. Beautiful work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE her! She's just gorgeous!
    I think she's my favourite so far - I've been lurking, just not commenting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love her!!! I admire you for sticking to the painting 30 . I love to paint but I also love to use other mediums too.

    ReplyDelete